Event Series: House Tours
Research Room CLOSED
June 17 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Research Room will be CLOSED for in-person research today!
We apologize for any inconvenience.
House Tours include an introduction to the Dawes House, a guided tour of the first floor, and our second-floor exhibits.
Visitors have time to peruse exhibits at their leisure, revisit areas of the house of particular interest, and ask questions of the expert docents.
The cost is $10 per person. Evanston History Center members and children under 6 are free.
- The first-floor tour includes six large rooms filled with the Dawes family collection of furnishings and artwork, just as they were during the 1920s.
- The second floor includes a permanent exhibit, Milestones and Memories, that encompasses highlights of Evanston’s multi-faceted history and is populated with significant artifacts from the collection.
- Specially-focused exhibits on timely issues and themes from the EHC collections, costume, artifact, and archival, are located in a second suite of rooms.
- The first floor is wheelchair accessible.
- The second floor is only accessible via the main stairway.
Reservations are not necessary. Please make sure there hasn't been a last-minute closure before visiting. Closures will be posted on our Calendar of Events. Payments are accepted at the door.
If you have any questions, please email Kris Hartzell at firstname.lastname@example.org.