History is alive at the Dawes House.
Each year, thousands come to explore, discover, and experience our collective past—fascinating stories and important artifacts at home in a National Historic Landmark.
Evanston History Center is working on expanding membership, programming, and access to collections, providing innovative ways to interact with history, and using the latest technologies to connect with audiences.
All of us who care about preserving history have the opportunity to make sure that the doors of the Dawes House remain open to everyone. Please support Evanston History Center’s mission to collect, preserve and share the history of our community for generations to come.
- Free admission to regularly scheduled tours of the Charles Gates Dawes House and Under the Buffalo program series, as well as to the Frank B. Foster Research Room
- 10% discount off items in the EHC museum store
- Up to two discounted tickets for our annual Mother’s Day House Walk
- Discounts for select tours/programs/events throughout the year
- Subscription to our newsletter, TimeLines
- Reciprocal membership to the Time Travelers Program with exclusive benefits and privileges at over 250 historical sites and organizations nationwide
“My father started bringing me to the Dawes House in the 1960s when I was a kid. I have loved this house ever since.”
“The House had great memories for my dad, who grew up living next door. The moat in the yard was a favorite spot. Gen. Dawes, who was a surrogate parent to him, would help him sail toy boats. He never forgot that kindness.”